Downtown Portland, Oreogn

Commercial Property Insurance

Commercial Property Insurance protects your business against the physical loss or loss of use of your company’s property. This coverage represents the broad category of coverage’s available against loss of property, damage or other liabilities not directly covered by Casualty Insurance.

The following are widely used Commercial Property Insurance policies to cover a businesses property exposure:

 Builders Risk Insurance: Builder’s Risk insurance is specialized insurance that’s intended to insure structures while they are under construction or renovation. This type of policy provides protection for final structure replacement cost value including the materials, fixtures, and appliances which are intended to become an integral part of the structure.  I’ll work with you to design coverage that protects your structure while it’s under construction or renovation.

 Business Property Insurance: Commercial property insurance protects your assets in the event that they are stolen, damaged or destroyed in a fire or natural disaster. I’ll partner with you to design insurance coverage that will protect your company’s property.

 Commercial Crime Insurance: Every company, regardless of size, is a potential target for white collar crime. I’ll work with you to design insurance coverage that helps you minimize risk and protects your business and your assets from theft, fraud and forgery.

 Commercial Earthquake Insurance: A loss due to “Earth Movement” and “Earthquakes” is an excluded perils under traditional Commercial Property Insurance.  The only way to have protection from a loss due to an earthquake would be as an endorsement to your existing insurance policy or have a specific Earthquake Insurance policy in place. I’ll design a policy that will protect the physical contents and assets of your business, from the damage costs that come from earthquakes.

 Electronic Data Processing Insurance: Electronic Data Processing Insurance covers the costs associated with the loss of damage of electronic data processing media or equipment.

 Equipment Breakdown Insurance: Equipment Breakdown provides coverage for electrical mishap perils for property that’s insured. Covered equipment would include system’s equipment that’s relative to the buildings operations such as air conditioning units, electrical power panels, pressure vessels and boilers (includes kitchen equipment). I’ll partner with you to design insurance coverage that will protect your company’s equipment.

 Commercial Flood Insurance: A loss due to Flood is an excluded peril under traditional Commercial Property Insurance.  I’ll design a policy that will protect your business, as well as its physical contents and assets, from the damage costs that come from floodwater.

 Inland Marine Insurance: Inland marine insurance is coverage that protects your business property while it’s away from your business location. I’ll help you ensure that your property is protected not only at your location but also while it is off-site or in transit.

  Stock Throughput Insurance: Stock Throughput insurance is a marine policy which provides another way to insure your stock from the moment your business assumes an interest in goods to the moment that the interest ceases. I’ll work with you to make certain your inventory gets covered at all times whether in transit, undergoing process, or in storage at owned or third-party premises.

Reach out to me if you’re considering Commercial Property Insurance. I will discuss with you how it works and assess if it fits into your risk management needs. If you determine this coverage is needed I will then provide you with comparative Commercial Property Insurance quotes from multiple insurance carriers so you can get the best possible rate.

As an insurance broker I help businesses throughout Oregon and the Pacific Northwest manage risk.