Oregon Renters Insurance Claim Process
If something happens that causes a loss to where you live, the duties required of you as the policy owner are as follows:
- Contact our office at 503-296-0077 with the immediate notice of loss; if it’s after hours you can contact your insurance company directly but we prefer to work with you on filing your insurance claim.
- Take notes on any conversations including dates, names, times and subject of what was covered. The sensible way to use your insurance is to use it for big losses, the one’s you cannot afford.
- Notify your local police in case of loss by theft.
- Protect your property from any further damage; if repairs to your property are required you should make reasonable repairs to protect the property so the damage does not worsen. Don’t make permanent fixes until the insurance adjuster visits to see the extent of damage and keep an accurate record of your repair expense.
- Furnish a complete detailed inventory to the claims adjuster showing the damaged property and the amount of loss claimed to expedite a payment for personal property. To create a personal property inventory click here.
As an insurance broker I help individuals throughout Oregon and the Pacific Northwest manage risk.