Oregon Condo Insurance Claim Process
If something happens that causes a loss to your condo, the duties required of you as the policy owner are as follows:
- To begin your condo insurance claim contact our office at 503-296-0077 with the immediate notice of loss; if it’s after hours you can contact your insurance company directly but we prefer to work with you on filing your insurance claim.
- Take notes on any conversations including dates, names, times and subject of what was covered.
- Protect your property from any further damage; if repairs to your property are required you should make reasonable repairs to protect the property so the damage does not worsen.
- Don’t make permanent fixes until the insurance adjuster visits to see the extent of damage.
- Keep an accurate record of your repair expense.
- Furnish a complete detailed inventory to the claims adjuster showing the damaged property and the amount of loss claimed to expedite a payment for personal property.
Below are some examples of insurance claims that have been filed against condo insurance policies:
A kitchen fire causes smoke damage to the kitchen and parts of your condo.
Personal property is stolen from your vehicle.
Due to a leak in your roof or skylight you have damage to your ceiling and floor.
Due to a lightning strike you experience an electrical surge which damages personal property.
Someone breaks into your condo and steals personal property from you.
Wind blows down a tree onto the carport of your condo development and your association’s master policy pays out to limit stated on the policy and your association gets assessed for the remainder for the repairs.
Your washing machine overflows and causes damage to your floor.
Your wife losses the center diamond in her engagement ring.
As an insurance broker I help individuals throughout Oregon and the Pacific Northwest manage risk.