Downtown Portland, Oreogn

Inland Marine Insurance

Inland marine insurance is coverage that protects your business property while it’s away from your business location. These are sometimes called floater policies.

Do you need Inland Marine Insurance?

Inland Marine Insurance covers items outside of your standard Business Property Insurance policy. The primary distinction between Inland Marine and Business Property insurance is the fact that inland marine is specifically for property that is likely to be moved or in transit, or it is a highly specialized type of property that requires a unique valuation.

Inland Marine Insurance applies to:

  • Tools
  • Construction Equipment
  • Property in Transit
  • Other Property in Your Control (bailees)
  • Mobile Medical Equipment
  • Communication Equipment
  • Transportation Equipment
  • Art or Jewelry

This coverage can also extend to protect your business’ goods or equipment when transported by ocean and air, also known as Ocean Marine.

Reach out to me if you’re considering Inland Marine Insurance. I will discuss with you how it works and assess if it fits into your risk management needs. If you determine this coverage is needed I will then provide you with comparative Inland Marine Insurance quotes from multiple insurance carriers so you can get the best possible rate.

As an insurance broker I help businesses throughout Oregon and the Pacific Northwest manage risk.