Securing marijuana business insurance for your cannabis operation shouldn’t be an arduous task. There are many hurdles and concerns with getting your business set up and dealing with the complexities of insurance can be overwhelming if you’re not familiar with the insurance ecosystem.
Researching and comparing cannabis insurance options are limited to just a few insurance carriers. Why so few?
- The marketplace is new,
- the legalities are complex,
- the fear of loss is great,
- losses have not been compiled and;
- case law has not been tested in court.
In the long term cannabis insurance options will evolve and new entrants will enter the marketplace but until more states go to vote on legalizing marijuana for medicinal and recreational use comparing insurance options will remain slim.
With that being said when you secure marijuana business insurance with a local Oregon cannabis insurance agent versus working with some online broker that are out there you get the following advantages:
- Product Accessibility: I have access to all insurance carriers that offer Oregon cannabis insurance and will have access to others as they enter the marketplace.
- Product Knowledge: I keep you informed on technical and marketplace issues affecting your business. Read about my articles on the following: Questions about Marijuana Insurance Cost, Marijuana Business Insurance Property Exclusions, Workers Compensation for Marijuana Businesses, Marijuana Edible Dosage and False Advertising Claims, How Marijuana Business Insurance Might Apply to the Sea of Greens Fire.
- Superior Service: I am your source if you ever needed assistance in reporting a claim, need clarification about information on your bill, need to make changes to your policy or have general questions about your insurance coverage. In addition as your local agent I meet with you and provide you resources to help your business succeed such as provide sample employee handbooks, fire safety documents, & general risk management procedures.
- Accessibility & Local Representation: It’s difficult to put a value of being able to work with someone local & face to face when it comes to insurance. The bottom line is insurance is complex and your business is especially complex. I come onsite to your business and address coverage gaps and exposures and when claims happen I am there for you, I assist all my clients through the claim process. Having a local Oregon cannabis insurance agent is important especially if you have growth plans to expand your operations whether you are a grower, dispensary, manufacturer / extractor.
Please contact me to assist with your needs to secure Oregon cannabis insurance.
This article is intended for informational purposes only and is not insurance advice or a substitute for consultation with a licensed insurance broker to address your particular risk or circumstance.